Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Vacation Arrival

I made it to Baton Rouge last night. My flight was great. I did not wait in security for even one second. The flight was great. When I got off my plane I walked down to baggage claim and walk right up to my bag, grabbed it and was on my way! :-)

Pics of Uncle's House:


The Beautiful Infinity Pool and Pond

Last night we ate at a local Cajun place. The food was pretty decent. Most everyone had boiled crawfish ( a Louisiana favorite) and mom and I split an Oyster Po Boy and a Seafood Au Gratin. They Po Boy was ok but I've had better. And the Au Gratin was decent but was covered in melted cheddar cheese, not my idea of Au Gratin. I was looking for more of a cheesy sauce. But it was ok.

We did find the very rare two headed crawfish, though!!!!!! In fact we found two!!!!! What a night!!! :-)


Today was spent shopping for tonight's dinner. Once we got home we ate lunch and went outside to have fun in the sun!
Then mom (my sous chef) and I cooked dinner for all 15 family members. We had Italian Meatloaf, Green Beans, Mashed Caulitatoes and a salad my mother recently had in Italy. Well, not the actual salad, but our version of it. :-)





Then we had a dessert prepared by mom and my brother, Garrett. Symphony Brownies. (made with Hershey's Symphony Bars and brownie mix) Talk about a rich piece of chocolaty heaven!!!!!

Well, I'm sleepy, so I'll head to bed. I have some more pics and will upload a slide show of them tomorrow. I think we are heading into New Orleans tomorrow, so i should have some good pics of what we get into. :-)


























2 comments:

Joyce said...

Shanna- the food looks wonderful!!
I hope you are having a super time with the family.
I added your blog to my blog list. Hope that is OK with you.

Enjoy!

Casie said...

It was so good to see you! I wish we could have visited longer! Do you know I have never seen a 2-headed crawfish!